If the student does not have an ID card, direct the student to the appropriate office to obtain one. (You may look them up one time using their driver's license to verify their identity, but be sure you are selecting the correct account.)
If an “Override” or other message pops up, call a library staff member to assist or, if a staff member is not available, do not check item out to patron. Apologize to the patron for the inconvenience and email Mrs. Reilly with the name of the patron and the details of the problem.
If an “Override” or other message pops up, call a library staff member to assist, or if a staff member is not available, do not check item out to patron. Apologize to the patron for the inconvenience and email Mrs. Reilly with the name of the patron and the details of the problem.
See instructions for re-shelving books.
See instructions for community users.
1. Only U of M students may use Group Study Rooms. Dual enrollment students may use them with the permission of the campus librarian.
2. Room 208 is locked and must be unlocked by the front desk staff.
3. The other three rooms are unlocked. Patrons are encouraged to sign up online to use the room, but if rooms are vacant, they may be used on a walk-in basis. However, if a group shows up who has booked online, the non-booked group will need to vacate the room.
4. Any disputes should be referred to the front desk staff.
5. Limits on people in rooms
6. Food & Drink policies
Study Room Procedures
Students can book any of the 4 rooms online. If students ask us to book for them, walk them over to the OPAC and show them how to book.
Keep LibCal pulled up and refresh periodically to see new bookings.
Unlock & lock 208.
No desk sign-in is needed for any of the rooms.
Answer library main phone line if library staff member is not available to do so. Follow the script posted in the binder by the phone.
Provide directions and assistance in finding materials on the shelves.
Provide directions to patrons to restrooms, computers, scanners, etc.
Assist with the KIC scanner (directions posted near it).
Replenish staples in staplers as needed.
Replenish paper in computer area as needed.
The photocopier requires a code to use it. Encourage students to scan with the KIC scanner, email it to themselves, and print from the computers. If a student really wants to use the copier refer them to library staff. The photocopier is not available to the public.
Assist patrons with catalog and database searches. If you do not feel confident with this, ask a library staff member to assist.
Security can be reached at all times at the number above. If you are calling from a library phone, you need dial only 1942.