Skip to Main Content

PRAXIS & ACT Resources

This guide is designed to provide test-taking resources, specifically for the College of Education. It includes PRAXIS resources and strategies to help students from the College of Education be successful when taking required assessments.

College of Education Support

PRAXIS Workshops at the University of Memphis

We are offering a variety of Praxis supports. Complete this survey> to choose the supports that interest you.

  • Praxis Bootcamp - Whole Group
  • Praxis Drop-ins (By Appointment, Individual and Small groups, content-specific)
  • 1:1 Praxis Conversation about goal development, resources and test results.  
  • Mock Tests - Practice tests
  • Volunteer - If you have passed the exam and you want to provide live or on-demand support to your peers, please complete the survey. Your support is critical!

Listed below are all of the licenses the College of Education at the University of Memphis provides. Visit their site to learn more!


  • ESL


  • Music, Instrumental
  • Music, Vocal
  • Physical Education
  • Visual Arts


  • Early Childhood Education


  • Elementary Education


  • Interventionist, Special Education


  • Secondary Math
  • Interventionist, Special Education


  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Earth Science
  • Economics
  • English
  • French
  • Geography
  • German
  • Government
  • History
  • Interventionist (Special Education, Modified)
  • Latin
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Russian
  • Spanish


  • Chinese
  • ESL
  • Japanese
  • Library Information Specialist
  • Reading Specialist
  • School Counselor
  • School Psychologist
  • School Social Worker
  • Special Education, Speech and Language


  • Instrumental Music
  • Other Foreign Languages
  • Physical Education
  • Special Education, Comprehensive
  • Visual Arts
  • Vocal/General Music


  • Early Childhood
  • Special Education, Early Childhood


  • Elementary


  • Interventionist (Special Education, Modified)


  • Psychology
  • Sociology

Instructional Leadership

  • Aspiring
  • Beginning


  • Instructional Leadership License - Aspiring (ILL-A)

The Instructional Leadership License - Aspiring (ILL-A) is an administrator license, valid for five years, that is issued to applicants who hold a bachelor's degree and are enrolled in an instructional leadership preparation program approved by the State Board of Education. The ILL-A may not be renewed.

  • Instructional Leadership License - Beginning (ILL-B)

The Instructional leadership License - Beginning (ILL-B) is an administrator license, valid for five years, that is issued to applicants who hold a bachelor's degree, have completed an instructional leadership preparation program approved by the State Board of Education, and have submitted passing scores on the required content assessment. The ILL-B may be renewed.

The Job Embedded Practitioner (JEP) Teaching License is issued to candidates who have obtained a job in a school prior to completing a Residency or Clinical Teaching Semester. The University of Memphis is authorized to collaborate with public, private and charter schools in the State of Tennessee in order to issue Job Embedded Practitioner Licenses. The process begins in the school's or district's Human Resources Office.

Individuals applying for the Practitioner Occupational Teacher License must meet the following criteria:

  • Be formally admitted to or have completed a state-approved educator preparation program
  • Be recommended by the state-approved educator preparation program
  • Be a high school graduate or have college credit
  • Meet industry certification requirements
  • Meet the Occupational Endorsement Aligned Requirements

In addition to meeting the criteria, candidates should submit the following to the Tennessee Department of Education:

  • Verification of work experience
  • Occupational qualification sheet
  • Official transcript
  • Industry certification (if required)

The Practitioner School Services Personnel License is issued to the following candidates:

  • School Counselors
  • Speech Pathologists
  • School Psychologists
  • School Social Workers

The University of Memphis can assist candidates holding an active Tennessee teaching license to add other endorsements. Some endorsements may be added to an initial license by a test-only option. Additional information for the Tennessee Department of Education including the Endorsement Flexibility and Additional Endorsements Form can be found on their website (click "Add an Endorsement or Degree" and then "Academic Teacher") or here>.