To properly view e-books within the EBSCO viewer on a Mac, users will need a PDF viewer plugin in Safari. EBSCO notes that PDF Browser Plugin works well and is free to download for non-commercial/educational use (the plugin also works with Firefox for Mac).
From the Safari Menu Bar click Safari/Preferences then select the Security tab. Click, "Show Cookies". Delete any image verification site related cookies. Then select the Autofill tab from the Preferences pane, click the Edit button next to, "Other forms". Delete any site related url's, click Done.
If you still have problems, go to ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/
Move the "cache.db" file to the Trash. Relaunch Safari and try an image verification site.
This information is provided at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2462205?start=0&tstart=0 .
How to print from the Mac computers in McWherter Library
In order to print a document, it has to be sent to and released from the printer before you can receive an actual printout. Here are some steps:
1. Whatever application you are using (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), use the print command in that particular application to send your document to a printer.
2. To release the document, go to http://iprint.memphis.edu/. Click on "My Print Jobs".
3. Login using your UUID and password. Press OK.
4. After you login, you should see a list of print jobs waiting to be printed. Click on the box next to the document(s) you want to print and click the Print button.
5. The Mac computers are automatically setup to print to the printer in the Government Publications Department, room 107. Unless the user directs the print job to a different printer in a different location, the print job will go to the Government Publications Department, room 107.
6. For additional help click on "Support" or go to http://iprint.memphis.edu/support/.
On our 2nd floor iMacs, UMWare is not pre-loaded, which is why the student & I were all confused yesterday. Here’s what to do on our iMacs:
Go to http://umware.memphis.edu/ Don’t click on the Apple icon—just click on Continue to Applications. Then the steps are as follows: